IRS Debt Blog

480-507-5985Free Phone Consultation With Attorney

By Michael S. Anderson of Anderson Tax Law logo for Arizona tax attorney Michael S. Anderson P.C.
  • My Company owes the IRS a substantial amount of Payroll Tax. Can the IRS take money from my personal account to pay it?

    Assuming that the business is a multi-member LLC or Corporation, it owes the Payroll Tax.  You don’t…at least not yet. As you know, the business withholds Social Security (FICA), Medicare and Income Tax from it’s Employees’ paychecks.  The business holds that money and adds some if it’s own to the pot.  It sends the entire…

  • Independent Contractor designation and the problems it can cause for your small business

    Employment tax law requires the employer to withhold the employees’ fica tax, unemployment tax and income tax from the paycheck, throw it in a pot, mix some more money into the pot equal to the employee’s fica tax and shoot the whole thing over to the IRS each quarter. This process requires a lot of…